Work Health and Safety
Work Health & Safety Policy
In line with the Diocese of Newcastle requirements for WH&S, the Anglican Parish of Belmont is committed to the implementation and maintenance of a Work, Health and Safety (WHS) program for all Clergy, Parishioners, Visitors and Contractors. The program is aimed at injury prevention and the mitigation of risk associated with the business undertaken by the Anglican Parish of Belmont, so far as reasonably practicable via the utilisation of the policy below.
- Protect Clergy, Parishioners, Visitors and Contractors against harm to their health, safety and welfare through the elimination or minimisation of risks arising from work or from specified types of substances or plant.
- Provide parish Clergy, Parishioners, fair and effective representation, consultation, co-operation and issue resolution in relation to work health and safety.
- Encourage Clergy and Parishioners, to take a constructive role in promoting improvements in work health and safety practices, and assisting persons interfacing with the parish to achieve a healthier and safer environment.
- Promote the provision of advice, information, education and training in relation to work health and safety.
- Secure compliance with the Diocesan WH&S requirements through effective and appropriate compliance and enforcement measures.
- Ensure appropriate scrutiny and review of actions taken by persons exercising powers and performing functions under the Diocesan WH&S requirements.
- Providing a framework for continuous improvement and progressively higher standards of work health and safety within the parish.
The Anglican Parish of Belmont, Rector and Council are committed to the effective implementation of this policy through making the policy readily available to all Clergy, Parishioners, Visitors and interested parties.
Rector Parish of Belmont